The Control of Biohazards training course has been successfully running for 39 years. Control of Biohazards in the Research Laboratory was initiated by Byron S. Tepper, Ph.D. at Johns Hopkins University (JHU) in 1979. The course was originally held at the JHU medical campus in Baltimore, MD and is now held at the JHU Mt. Washington campus. The course has been presented numerous times overseas and at many locations within the United States for those who are unable to travel to Baltimore.
The Control of Biohazards course initiated the ABSA International pre-conference biosafety training programs in the early 1990's. The ABSA pre-conference courses currently run for 3 days. The Control of Biohazards course provides in-depth information to participants with or without prior biosafety experience or knowledge using pictures, demonstrations, hands-on exercises, and 1,500 electronic pages of hyperlinked refrences.
Our week-long course prepares individuals for the ABSA International CBSP exam and awards 4.5 continuing education credits.
Below is a list of recent presentations of this course:
- In April 2018, the course was presented at JHU Mt. Washington Campus, Baltimore, MD in collaboration with BSI EHS.
- In August 2017, the course was presented at JHU Mt. Washington Campus, Baltimore, MD in collaboration with BSI EHS.
- In March 2017, the course was presented at the Institute for Research and Medical Consultations, Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal Univerisity, Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
- In August 2016, the course was presented at MedImmune Research & Development in collaboration with BSI EHS, Gaithersburg, MD.
- In May 2014 and 2015, this course was presented at the Weill Cornell Medical College-Qatar, Hamad Medical Corporation and the Supreme Council of Health (Medical Commission), Doha, Qatar.
- In June 2014, Control of Biohazards was presented at the U.S. Army Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Aberdeen, MD.
- In February 2015, we presented at Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM.
- In October 2015, we presented at DuPont Experimental Station, Wilmington, DE.
The Control of Biohazards course is designed for research staff, research administrators, safety staff, facilities staff, compliance officers, architects, and engineers.
A four day version of the course at your job site is available and can be tailored to your needs..
Contact us today for more information about on-site training at your workplace for any number of people at a cost equivalent to the tuition for 2 attendees at the five-day JHU Mt. Washington Campus course.